There is a logic why human beings are sensitive all along with disease eruption like that of covid-19- we keep touching our faces. Why? and what can we do to avoid it?
Studies published in the Journal Of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene and The American Journal of Infection Control have proposed that you may touch your face round about 20 times in an hour
As you know COVID-19 Coronavirus is spreading day by day.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is suggesting you stop touching yourself. They are advising avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth because this is a respiratory virus. It goes through your eyes, nose, and mouth to your respiratory tract and affects your lungs. Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands because the new Coronavirus, many nasty microbes and different flu viruses present in the air can make their way into you by first sticking to your hands and when you rub your unwashed hands on your face these viruses make their way into you. Wash your hands frequently.
I know it is very difficult to avoid touching your face but we have to do it. Well, the first thing is to pay attention, supervise yourself, where your hands are gravitating.
How to stop touching your face so much???
Experts say that using some simple methods will help you break this habit.
- Wearing sunglasses and a mask may help people to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Reminding yourself not to touch the face will be helpful.
- Use different methods to keep your hands busy like a use fidget spinner or stress balls.
- Wearing gloves can also give you little protection because they can pick the viruses and spread them.
- World Health Organization (WHO) recommends frequent hand washing, maintains distancing from others and avoid physical contacts such as shaking hands.